Saturday, October 30, 2010

I (Am)Sterdam

Single girls goes on vacation. A delay at Ohare forced me to miss my connection in JFK which would ultimately get me to Africa.

The Delta gate person was incredibly friendly and accommodating. I didn't really have a choice because they had already taken my bag from me. She was kind enough to reserve me a sleeper seat on another flight that would could connect to Africa. Then I was informed I'd be flying to Amsterdam first.

I spent 8 hours waiting at Ohare for my flight to depart. Another 6 hours en route to Amsterdam and I now have a 7 hour layover here. With the recent "suspicious package" discovery I'm going to play it safe and stay in the airport.

It's 2 a.m. Chicago time and I'm wishing there was a bed nearby. I'll do my best to stay up as long as possible and make it through to Ghana. A not so pleasant reaction to malaria medication had me close to tossing my cookies on the plane. The next flight should be less nauseating!

No dating stories wrapped up in the post, folks. Although I suppose I haven't done any alone international travel in two years, since my trip to Japan. I'm traveling alone again as a true single girl. I'm totally wingin' my travels and single girl has no problems making a little stop off in good ol' Amsterdam.

Here's to long layovers and people watching. Sometimes we're delayed in life, sometimes we're re-routed. But more often than not, we make it there.

Safe travels.

SG

0 comments:

Post a Comment