Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ode to Yo Moms


This weekend I was lucky enough to have my mom in town for a family occasion. I always learn something from my conversations with her. Sometimes I learn we really don't agree but most of the time I'm pleasantly surprised to learn about an experience she had as a young woman trying to find herself.

In life we're given opportunities, obstacles, and with every decision we make, the future becomes more decided. I spent the weekend talking to my mom about choices in life and how her choices have brought her to where she is. We watched the most interesting movie I think I've ever seen which spurred a larger conversation about the evolution of life, relationships, love, and everything in between.

Years ago my mom told me that the end is built into the beginning. At the time she was referring to a guy who appeared to be not-so-amazing and 6 years later here I am single with bupkiss.

Regardless, I was inspired by listening to her stories of love and loss. Her experiences being a daughter, a mother, a grandma, and now a sister.

My entries are long - sometimes funny - stories about my dating and life experiences but the truth is I have a lot to learn. I'm young, often times naive, and have so many things I want to experience.

Thanks Mom for helping pave the way, showing me the beginning is in the end, and of course, to stay away from tools.

0 comments:

Post a Comment