Saturday, September 18, 2010

Switch-Up Saturday

This weekend I'm living on the edge. Instead of doing my 18 mile run at 6 a.m. this morning I'm throwing caution to the wind. Get this, I'm doing it tonight at 6 p.m. so I'll actually finish right at bed time. I told you it was crazy. I'll give you a minute to recover from that news.

Let's just say my social life these days is pretty awesome. Lots of time spent with my friends, evenings out, dancing at concerts (think a gentle mosh pit), and getting back on my bike. I'm organized to a point that would put Martha Stewart to shame. Meh, Martha. You've got nothin' on me. I make this organized life thing look easy.

Why even right now, I'm gracefully sipping on a caramel apple spice from the north side Starbucks while Bernard visits the local groomer to get his mohawk lined up and ready for the weekend. He's such a ladies man.

Life is good.

The summer is over and fall is here. I'm loving every minute of it and feeling great.

As a single girl, we have to make our own fun. We have to stay on our toes. Why just last night I biked the lakefront path in the dark. I was a little freaked out when I stopped for water but aside from that, I made it home in one piece. I owned the lakefront last night.

Today, I own the little table at Starbucks, typing on my computer, totally pulling off the role of the coffee computer girl.

Happy Saturday.

-sg.

0 comments:

Post a Comment