Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Besitos Malos!


I think kissing is tops. The cat's meow. Sliced bread.
Simply stated, it's awesome.

Bad kissing. Eh... Not so much.

There's a guy in my world who is amazing. He's smart, funny, successful. When I was in a committed relationship I wondered occasionally what would've happened if he and I had dated instead.

We were always friends and nothing more. We'd grab dinner, swap stories about dating, and just hang out. Then one day I found myself single and on the rebound. I inadvertently orchestrated a "date" with him over the weekend in the hopes it might turn into something bigger.

And boy did it ever.

The night started with movies, a glass of wine, some jokes. And then it was all downhill. Can I just say I've never actually had a bad kissing experience in my life? Boy had I dodged a mammoth bullet. That was until this night.

My mouth was assaulted. Had I not been laughed at by the police I would've filed a report and sought therapy to get through the "attack". It was like kissing a goldfish. Wait, not a goldfish. It was like kissing those fish that permanently suction themselves onto the side of the fish tank and don't move.

More often than not taking a friendship to the next level means you can never go back. Some friends should always be friends - not fish.

I was lucky enough for things to go back to normal after our bad kissing experience. Our relationship is status quo and we still get together to catch up.

The easy lesson learned here is if you see a guy that could moonlight as a sucking fish you should run. The hard lesson is you can't really tell what you're getting into until you try. Some kisses may end badly, some may end happily ever after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment