Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fitness As A Substitute


First off, this stock photo is totally my body. Oh yeah, don't hate. Kidding.

In life we try and keep ourselves busy. We fill our time and space with things that make us happy, content, full, satisfied.

I typically fill my time with fitness - running to be exact. A few weekends ago I ran 3 miles Saturday morning and 6 miles on Sunday. I even tried to challenge myself by drinking a few glasses of champagne the night before. You know, just to make things a little more interesting.

Ive been trying to make my own fun these days. I mean single people cant sit around at home waiting for fun to knock on their door or send them a text message, right?

I'm averaging one date a week which I think is not too shabby. In the meanwhile I'm picking other things to do:

1. Running (check, clearly covered that one!)
2. Eating (ouch. This sort of ruins the efforts of #1)
3. Sleeping (Ahhh.... )
4. Watching TV (I'm addicted to the Real Housewives of New Jersey)
5. Shopping (The numbers on my credit card are worn of)

When we're not in a relationship we may substitute "relationship things" to make up for the void. I've heard rumors that people often times replace lack of sex with a whole lot of food. Remember Samantha in the SATC movie? Yowza.

If that was the case, my single girl jeans wouldn't even go above my ankles - but I'm not quite there yet.

Substitutions are just that. I've been over analyzing certain decisions thinking they make or break what's around the corner in my potential relationships. I'm sort of done with this theory. Kiss on the first date? If he likes you it doesn't matter. If he doesn't like you then you just got rid of a toad.

Here's the thing. You just have to be yourself. You have to follow your gut, find your substitutes, or just go for the real thing. I won't judge (wink).

0 comments:

Post a Comment