Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hello Old Friend...


Single girl has been keeping busy the last few weeks of summer. It's Labor Day weekend and this morning I cooked brownies, did three loads of laundry, paid all my bills, and slept til 11 a.m. Figure that one out!

The Fall is slowly coming into swing, leaves changing colors and falling gracefully to the ground. On Friday evening I shared $3 beers with a friend outdoors and talked about how quickly the summer came and went - and how the cold days were quickly approaching.

Our conversation moved to dating, as most conversations do. We talked about the idea that as the cold weather comes in people find themselves compelled to find a mate for impending snow and sleet. She mentioned they try and find someone before we start the battle of the bulge during the holidays. We're all tan and thin now from being outdoors and active. Right around the corner is a beer belly and carb loading.

I'm excited for what's to come in the upcoming months. When I moved into my place last year it was a week or so shy of Christmas and I spent the holidays without furniture - I did manage to put up my tree and buy a sofa.

I hope this holiday / cold season brings nights in front of the fire, room temperature red wine, cooking dinner, and (fingers crossed) lots of smooching.

The Fall and Winter are like an old friend who you sometimes forget. But you always remember them when they come back around. You're appreciative of their colors, scents, their feelings. And you welcome them with open arms knowing their appearance is inevitable and over time you'll learn to love them again.

Single girl says here's to a fantastic Fall and cold nights indoors somewhere warm.

Oh, and lots of smooching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment