Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We've Got Sumthin' in Common

Single girl has been off the running trails the last few months and instead working out some post-marathon issues in physical therapy. Single girl's pants are tight. And when I say tight - I really mean ti-eeeeeeght.

My physical therapist is two years younger than me, super sweet, smart woman who recently ended a long term relationship. The guys she dated cheated on her (sensing a pattern) and she has been trying to get back out there to meet new and interesting people.

As I did my butt strengthening exercises (they're called clamshells in the world of PT) and longed for a run on the cold pavement, I listened to her tell me about her experience, where she is in her life now, and who she hopes to find in the very near future.

I thought of the other (almost identical) conversations I've had with other women that have had some relationship end and find themselves in new territory.

We often times find ourselves listening to a stranger, a best friend, a co-worker and identifying with their story. A broken heart, a wonderful experience, a sad end, a happy beginning. We share our experiences with other women and connect with our experiences. Not judging. Pure understanding.

Single girl has something up her sleeve. Brewing a little something...

How do we take this connection and make it available to the single girls everywhere. Support eachother during our tight pants, our good times, and our bad ones.

Stay tuned....

0 comments:

Post a Comment