Thursday, April 29, 2010

Friend Finder



There's nothing better than a good friend.

Okay, maybe some sort of edible something or other. A cookie cake, perhaps?
But when the cookie cake is gone, and your single girl pants no longer fit, who do you call on to support you (not physically of course) and help you through the tough times?

Please don't tell me your answer was "vanilla ice cream".

Single girl has had her share of finding comfort in cookie cake or a friend in french fries. These days single girl eats food because it's tasty and not because it fills a void.

To be completely honest though, this single girl's friend pool is a little on the dry side. It's slim pickins in the world of BFFs and homegirls. They are few and far between.

How do we find friends that will last a lifetime? The friends I had in grade school are no longer around. The sleepovers and secrets shared between girls during school days have disappeared.

Facebook has reconnected me with a couple of people and we've stayed in touch. For others, I was "friended" and that was about it. Note: Single girl broke-up with Facebook about a year ago and hasn't looked back since.

I'm on a mission for a system that helps me find a best friend for life. A BFF if you will. A person I can call on when things are down, when I feel low, or when I just need a hug.

I want to use the same technology that matches life partners on eHarmony and Match.com to find a friend of my dreams.

WANTED:

Friend who enjoys shopping, days at the beach with a margarita. Long runs on the weekend, short drives to the grocery store for junk food and movies (not romantic comedies though). Someone who follows through and understands that when I fail to, it's not a reflection of my friendship - it's just part of my life. A friend who always calls back. Preferably someone I can put into my Fav 5 (AT&T subscribers need not apply). Last, but certainly not least, she should be a size 10, an 8 during the summer months so we can easily swap wardrobes.  Serious inquiries only. Tools need not apply.

0 comments:

Post a Comment