Monday, July 27, 2009

Over It


I dated someone for many years who hated that I could get over certain things so quickly. "I'll deal with it" I'd say and then within 5 minutes my lackluster mood would go from Angry Amy (she's Debbie Downer's distant cousin) to a much happier, more positive outlook.

A woman who has reached her limit is a woman who cannot be won back over. We see this in every day life; man cheats and woman takes him back (maybe if he's lucky). Man cheats again and woman kicks him out and never looks back.

As women we're programmed into thinking - better yet, knowing that we deserve nothing but the best. And I don't mean fine wine and expensive cuts of meat. I mean respect, and love, and the decency to return phone calls and do what you say you're going to do.

A good friend told me once that I get very excited about things and if something deters me in even the slightest way I tend to abandon and jump ship because it didn't go as planned. I agree with this (especially with bad fashion choices; skinny jeans in sight! Abort! Abort!). But I also feel that if you feel like you're done - more than likely you're done.

eHow.com posted instructions on how to forgive a cheating ex. eHow.com says "The hardest part of forgiving is that, let's face it, we don't really want to. " Amen to that one.

They then go on to give you 12 steps on how to create forgiveness in your life.
Do you really need 12 steps from the internet to convince yourself? Or do you already know what you "need to do".

Where I disagree? Forgiveness does not mean you have to take them back. I forgive fashion for inventing the "teased bang" but that doesn't mean I will rock it out to dinner in 2009.

Forgiveness and letting someone back in? Two very different steps.
I forgave someone who hurt me but I did NOT let them back in my life.

Forgiveness brings peace in your life. Healing. The ability to move on and open yourself to new things.

Big bangs?
Nothing but trouble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment