Tuesday, July 28, 2009

BFF


There's something to be said for the love, laughs, and amazing wine you can share with a good friend.

One of my closest friends stays over in the city once a month. We've just started working out before consuming large quantities of take out and drinking bottles of wine with pretty labels. (Skinny girl jeans are falling off of me - and not by choice!)

Tomorrow night we're "on tap" for a night of highlighting her hair, homemade pizza, and dishing the dirt on (my) dating life. It's been pretty uneventful lately I have to admit so that part of the night might be replaced with cat walking in the kitchen (again).

After a failed romance or even just a horrible date, a good friend makes everything better. No matter how low you're feeling about anything - and I mean anything - a great friend can lift your spirits, get you back on track, and talk some sense into you when all you really want is to be the victim.

Girlfriends are honest (if they're the real kind) and they will tell you the absolute truth even when it's not what you want to hear. They remind you you're amazing, you deserve better, and if you have the slightest bit of unhappiness or regret they encourage you to trust yourself.

During love and loss I have been beyond lucky to have amazing people supporting me every step of the way. If I hadn't, things would probably have turned out differently. I've experienced some very "tough love" from these friends and while at the moment I was resentful and upset, I look back now... and I'm grateful.

I can't even begin to repay them.

Guys come and go - good friends are forever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment