Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Trust Me


A wise (and fashionable) woman once told me that in relationships we have a “trust cup”. Over time that cup fills as we learn about our love, we begin to rely and count on him/her during tough times, and as we share experiences and become closer.

Our cup takes time to fill. In some relationships it never reaches halfway. Other relationships it overflows. And in cases where we lose trust, it holds less and less until it’s completely empty...

... And nothing from nothing leaves nothing.

Trust is a huge part of a relationship. If you can’t trust the person closest to you emotionally, physically – why are you there?

Trust can be built.

It can be broken.

And into every relationship a little test of trust will fall.

I’ve learned the hard way. My cup was empty for a long time. And by the time I had enough nerve to speak up about it, I got slapped (proverbially, of course) in the face with it and had no clue what hit me.

This is a serious post; To say that you deserve to not only trust your love but also trust yourself. Listen to your heart, your head, and the undeniable feeling of instinct.

Keep an eye on your cup and its levels. Regular inventory is required by all means.
And if you wake up one morning with a cup that’s cold or unforgiving, call me.

I’ll remind you that you’re amazing and right around the corner is another amazing opportunity to fill back up again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment